Friday, October 13, 2006

Looks like Ralph is getting underway with shooting this weekend. That marks the first of the collective to bring their project before the camera. Here's a little update from him:

After searching all the Halloween stock at many stores I pretty much gave up on finding a good knife prop for my short. I had sculpted a half blade to fit into a plastic handle for another effect and thought; "…hey why not do a whole knife?". Well here it is, the prototype knife (measuring almost eighteen inches) that I sculpted this afternoon. It still needs sanding and paint, but it will handle my FX chores greatly, which is to safely slash a woman’s throat. I’ll post a pic or two after this weekends shoot. If I had thought it would actually look as good as it does I would have put tubing into it for a bloody better effect…. Maybe next time.
www.myspace.com/dudezproductions